Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Twas the Night Before..."

Zach and Christina's wedding has come and gone too quickly.
I'd like to share with you little pieces at a time. There is so much that went on to make it a wonderful weekend. There were a lot of things to help with in the final preparations. We helped with decorating the chapel on Thursday and then with the floral arranging on Friday morning.
It was so good to be together as a family. Josh, Lauren and Ruth flew out from Montana to be a part of the wedding. These were sweet, precious times. Josh and Zach had time together also that I know was an encouragement to both of them.
We were pretty busy so the emotions didn't first hit me until after the rehersal and we were at the supper. I felt it was important to share with everyone (there were 39 of us) the faithfulness of God. Earlier in the week I had written down thoughts I wanted to share. I almost didn't make it through the reading because the tears were so close. Here is what I shared.

As we are here now on the eve of your wedding, I want to give honor to God for His faithfulness in answering prayers.
You see, Christina, you are God’s answer to my prayers. Just as God answered and brought Lauren into Josh’s life and our family, so He has answered my prayers in you.
Since Zach was a little boy, I prayed regularly for you, not seeing a face or knowing a name. But, God knew.
When the song “Somewhere in the World” came out from Wayne Watson, I thought, “He’s singing my prayer!”

The chorus says:
“And I don’t even know her name
But I’m praying for her just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon her heart.
‘Cause somewhere in the course of this life
A little boy will need a godly wife.
So hold onto Jesus, baby, wherever you are.”


I prayed most importantly that you would love God with all of your heart and come to know Him early in your life. I prayed for a close relationship between you and your Mom and Dad and that they also would love God and guide you in His ways.

I prayed for your protection – physically, spiritually and emotionally asking God to make you into the young woman that would be the perfect one for Zach. I prayed for God’s timing, praying that Zach would first come to know you as a friend and then as someone he could love.

We meet you first over 2 years ago when you came to our house with friends from school. From that time on we have watched as God has led in your relationship together bringing us to this special day.
God is faithful and God is good.
We are so thankful for how He has answered our prayers in you!

~ ~ ~ ~

I praise God for how He works in our lives
- for His great love for us
- for blessing us in so many ways
- for salvation in Christ alone






1 comment:

Linda said...

This is precious, Brenda. So glad you were able to share your thoughts. It just looks like a weekend filled with joy.