Saturday, January 26, 2008

The One Who's "Stollen" My Heart


One Holiday food that I love is Christmas Stollen. But, I am the only one in my family who likes it. A few days before Christmas, Dale called around to different bakery shops in the area to find one that makes it. He left early Saturday morning while I was still sleeping to get my special treat for me. He then made coffee and brought me breakfast in bed on my Christmas dishes.
I was reminded of that last night as I was scrounging through my freezer. I found several slices that I had put away to enjoy on such a morning as this. While it was wrapped and thawing Dale looked at it and thought that it was a wrapped moldy taco. Probably just as delicious in his mind. But to me is was a sweet reminder of the "Sweetheart of All My Dreams" - the one who has "stollen" my heart - again.
Thank you, Honey!

No comments: