Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blessing Upon Blessing

The past few weeks have been times of celebration.
                Wedding anniversary celebrations.

First, Dale's parents, Ed & Ruth celebrated 65 years!  That's right, 65 years! 
Then, Dale and I celebrated 35 years. 
Next, it was my parent's, Woody & La Verne, who just celebrated 60 years!  
That's amazing, isn't it!

The six of us went out to eat to celebrate. We went to a place that we hadn't been to in years and I'm so glad that we chose to go this day. Black Wolf is a rustic log building overlooking the golf course and river in Kohler.  We were in the large room with a beautiful view area.
We had a great time together. We've  been blessed with the fact that our parents enjoy each other's company. It makes times like this doubly special.


Because we were celebrating, we were given delicious desserts to share as a couple.
Doesn't it look amazing!
But, not as amazing as the fact that at our table were 160 years of marriage! What a blessing!

Last weekend, we celebrated my parent's anniversary with about 60 people at their church.
Myself, along with two good friends, had the fun of planning the decorations, while one did all of the food.
Nikki, Lyn and myself
 It was a gift I wanted to give to my parents. Plus I enjoyed doing it.
Both of my brothers were part of the short program that Mom & Dad had wanted. Terry and I did a funny song called, The Senior Citizen Shuffle.
Shuffling in


Who ARE these people?

Zach came up from Nashville to sing one of his songs for his Grandparents


Mom and Dad sharing their thankfulness


Mom's dress
Some of the decorations - burlap & lace







Brother, Kim, and wife, Missy, enjoying the food.

My nephew, Rob, took pictures of all of the people that were there. I don't have a copy of any of those at this time.  I'm hoping to get some of those pictures.

It was a great afternoon celebrating the blessings of faith, family and friends.

No comments: