Sunday, February 24, 2008

'Home"

"There is a sweet anointing in this sanctuary.
There is a stillness in the atmosphere.
Oh, come lay down the burdens you have carried,
for in this sanctuary, God is here."

When I entered the large worship center alone during the first song, I immediately felt the difference. There was the calm, healing presence of God. I was one among one thousand, but it really was just me and my Lord. As the next song started I stood silently letting the words of praise wash away the stresses of the past week. It was as though I had been holding my breath and now was able to exhale, and with it came the tears.
Tears of praise for who God is.
Tears of thanksgiving for how He has been healing Mom.
Tears of joy as I stood before my God.


My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You - I, whom you have redeemed Ps. 71:23

I am home in Your presence!

No comments: