Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

"Then the other disciple, the one who had gotten there first, went into the tomb, took one look at the evidence, and believed." John 20:8 The Message

It makes it sound so easy to believe doesn't' it - just look at the evidence.
What evidence, you ask, can we see?

We can read about the historical evidence of which there is plenty. There have been several men who set out to discredit the resurrection only to find, after looking at all of the evidence, that the only conclusion that they could come to was that Christ had died and was now alive.

But, I'm not talking about that kind of evidence. I'm thinking about lives that I see lived out before me. Is there evidence in their lives that God is indeed alive and living in them. Not because they go to a certain church, have been confirmed or have been baptized. But because they have put their faith and trust in a God who died for their sins and rose again to live forever.

Is there evidence of the Hope that is in them - in me?

Is there evidence of a changed life?

Is there evidence of a life that is lived differently than others around them?



"Why do you seek the living among the dead?" Luke 24

I pray that my life will be evidence to those around me that I serve a "Living God". That they can look at how I live my life and see something different. That's kind of scary. What if I'm the only evidence they see? What if when they're looking at me they see a selfish, uncaring person? What if I choose that day to live for myself?

Oh, God. I have so far to go. I pray that I may never be a hindrance to Your working in some one's life but, rather evidence to help them believe.

No comments: